Conversation with me and a friend:
J: Why were you looking at me all wide-eyed and staring at me?
Me: When?
J: When we hung out.
Me: I...really have NO idea...
J: Did they try anything? You were spacing out quite a bit too.
Me: I...don't remember
That seems to be my theme lately. "I don't remember." I'm fading away--for real this time. I'm tired of people telling me it'll be okay. It doesn't feel like it.
And if you want the honest truth? I'm scared to death.
I'm racing down and empty highway
Every move I make is mine
Each direction is my way
I can't stop the changes of time
I can only ebb and flow
With the never-ending tide
How can I stay and grow
In this place that I can't belong
How can I say anything is mine when it isn't so?
Everything that was right is wrong
Nothing lasts here
But the ruins of a broken song
Consumed in my fear
Of forever fading away
I can't even cry; not even one last tear
And I'm racing down an empty highway
Every move I make is mine
Each direction is my way
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment