A crack of thunder
Moves the world with a single sound
My head is splitting
Losing sanity; I’m falling to the ground
There’s blood seeping through the ceiling
There’s blood sliding down the walls
He stands before me with a knife in his heart
Watching me bleed as we both fall
He reaches out towards me
But I pull away from his hand
If he touches me, just once
I’ll never again be able to stand
I try to drown out the world around me
But the headphones aren’t enough
Not anymore, like they once were
Never has pretending been so tough
His intention is to help me
But he’s spawn from the quandary
So he waits and watches me from a foot away
Waiting for me to fall eternally
And I’m running through the reality
When it’s only another nightmare
Every where I go, he never leaves me
He won’t hurt me, but I gaze upon him with fear
How can I not? When he, too, is bleeding
I mean I guess I have no choice but to keep him
He always stays within the left of my sight
And now, I don’t know what I’d do without my Ethan
When the walls are bleeding
Or I wake up screaming
He’s the only monster in my mind
That keeps me from reeling
But these shadows need to disappear
And the voices need to die
And even my black-winged demon
Needs to leave me and fly
There are fresh scars on my wrists
And there are no reasons why
How can I explain something I didn’t do
When I don’t even remember why I cry
I’m screaming in my sleep again
As I start spinning blindly in my dreams
I’m clawing at things that are not there
I can’t tell what is or isn’t as it seems
My bones are breaking
My heart’s shattered and bled dry
I’m trying to go on like nothing’s changed
But I am once again living a lie
How can I express myself?
And be exactly who I am
When I see things that aren’t there
And my state of mind is damned
I tried relying on myself, but who do I go to
When this is too much to take?
And if they find me, they’ll bind me further
Than I’ve already bound myself and I’ll break
I feel like I’m fighting day after day
Standing by him, fighting side by side
I’m holding on to imaginary weaponry
And ready to take on my mind
Can you imagine living with this soul?
Do you think you could take on this life?
After everything that I’ve been through
I’m still living in this continuing strife
Don’t tell me that I’m crazy
I’m a little more than impaired
Don’t worry, I’ll be fine
Even though I’m a little scared
I can take all these things in front of me
Just afraid of losing myself in all the insanity
‘Cause I’m certainly not who I used to be
But what I really want to know...
Could you love someone with such a fragmented memory?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment