The room was dark. No matter how many times the three of us came here, it was still the best spot to hang out. It felt like ours. We were always one of the first people to arrive. There wasn't much chatter and the music had a good beat.
He never danced with us, no matter how much we tried, so we danced together. I was glad to have them in my life. Nothing...no one else could ever replace them. I could try drinking, smoking, moving on, buying tons of things and I know that nothing would ever take their place. In my heart I knew that I would die for them without hesitation. Finding people like that is hard.
I already knew that about him. I knew from the moment I met him I knew I would die for him. He has so much hidden talent. A good soul. Dark, maybe, but he's still a good soul. I've lost him before. And now that he's back in my life (and not floating around the edges of it) I can see how much of a void his absence had left in my life. See? Only he could have filled it. NOTHING could ever replace him.
And her? I don't really know what drew me to her side. I thought it was guilt but you know? That whole thing wasn't really my fault. I didn't know she was in the picture. Granted it still wouldn't have given us a reason to be friends. We should hate each other. Yeah, I guess it gets awkward sometimes but compared to our friendship the awkward is undetectable on our radar. She's...her. Dark, but lively. We live in a world of contradictions. It is our world.
Tonight was different. We didn't have our awesome bodyguard with us. It was usually the three of us and him, but he was home with his girlfriend and she didn't feel like coming here, even though he came in underage with us.
After much begging and pleading for him to come up with us and dance we gave up and left to dance to our song. I was feeding off of the energy beating through the speakers, radiating off of her. I WAS ALIVE. We laughed and he watched. The room dimmed, but I didn't notice. Pain radiated from my head, but I ignored it. I felt a searing pain in my side, but I was too lost in the music.
I felt commanded to freeze. I stopped and stared at the door, waiting to see what was causing my sudden unease. I turned back to her, frowning.
"What?" She asked. She'd seen that expression on my face before. She stopped and stared at him. He felt it too. I motioned for him to follow us. He didn't move. We both walked over to him instead. She sat next to him, talking to him. I couldn't hear her over the beating music. We needed to leave, quickly. Why weren't they listening to me??
"Hey babe." A hand landed around my shoulder and gripped me tightly. I jumped a mile in the air. I turned to face the one person none of us wanted to see here. The one person who was supposed to stay away from. The one person I was protecting them from. I looked at him and he didn't look like him at all. I could feel the same pressure around me as I had that one night he told me I was a seer.
"What the hell are you doing here?"
"Why the hell are you with them" he said. I could see fire in his eyes, but he remained calm.
"We just finished practice." I said.
"I thought you didn't like them." He cocked his head to the side at me. "So your the people who've been taking my time with her from me. All the more reason for me to hate you." He didn't sound like him. It didn't feel like him. No...it was the shapeless energy I'd felt three weeks before. I tried to tell them to run with my eyes. But where would they go? If I was correct, he would have the power to stop them from even standing back up.
He went for them and without hesitation I threw him back.
Yes, that's right. I threw HIM back. She stared at me, but I wasn't me anymore. I was something else. I was scared, but uncontrollable.
I took my own vow.
To protect them.
To love them forever, whether my heart was made for it or not.
To trust them.
To need them.
To keep them alive.
I wasn't going to let someone take that away from me again.
At least this time it wasn't within our group. No, it was someone outside of our world.
Or was it.
They find the weakest points.
They overtook B years ago. They drove us apart. But we found the missing link. We Found Her.
Could they break us now?
Or was I the weak one now. Was I one of them?
This was my chance to find out.
I stood in front of them. I felt needles sting my fingers. I tasted blood in my mouth. I knew then I wasn't human. I was something else. But if I was one of my own demons that didn't make me weak. That didn't mean I wouldn't go back on my promises.
I would save them.
We fought, clawing, scratching, screaming, bleeding...dying in front of everyone. Some didn't notice. Only they could see. He drew out a dagger, ready to slice into my heart, but he missed, instead it went into my shoulder. Wincing I drew it to use against him.
With my hand to his throat and my left arm raised to kill he stopped me, but didn't move to attack. He grabbed my neck, holding me back.
"If you kill me, we both die."
I didn't answer. My soul did.
"Then let us both die."
"You want to stay to protect them. What are they worth to you? You won't die for them, even if you'll fight for them you won't die."
"Fuck you." I knocked his hand away from me turned away for a moment to look at them. The looked back at me with horror. That voice wasn't mine I knew. It was a chorus of them all. All the souls locked inside of me. I swung back and stabbed him with his own blade.
And the force left him falling to the floor. He was fine, asleep, eyes closed, but the energy was dead. I'd killed it. I'd saved them. Things around us began to move again.
We left. They clung to me.
Yes...guys I'm fine.
I'm fine...
But I wasn't. I collapsed, broken and bleeding into their arms.
And then I woke up.
And with everything that's happened lately...
THAT DREAM SCARED THE SHIT OUT OF ME
And Violet knows why...
Just me
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment